Coalgate storm: PM meets UPA leaders
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With the CBI’s report on coal scam triggering a huge political controversy, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday convened an emergency meeting of UPA allies.
The meeting at the Parliament is being attended by Sharad Pawar, Farroq Abdullah and Ajit Singh among others.
CBI Director Ranjit Sinha on Friday said in affidavit before Supreme Court that status report on coal allocation scam was shared with law minister Ashwini Kumar as desired by him.
The status report was also shared with joint secretary-level officers of PMO and coal ministry as desired by them also, Sinha said in the two-page affidavit before the apex court.
The CBI chief has promised not to share further status report with any political executive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage