Coalgate storm: PM meets UPA leaders
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With the CBI’s report on coal scam triggering a huge political controversy, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday convened an emergency meeting of UPA allies.
The meeting at the Parliament is being attended by Sharad Pawar, Farroq Abdullah and Ajit Singh among others.
CBI Director Ranjit Sinha on Friday said in affidavit before Supreme Court that status report on coal allocation scam was shared with law minister Ashwini Kumar as desired by him.
The status report was also shared with joint secretary-level officers of PMO and coal ministry as desired by them also, Sinha said in the two-page affidavit before the apex court.
The CBI chief has promised not to share further status report with any political executive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- After China warns India, Baloch and Sindhi leaders hail PM Narendra Modi outside Chinese embassy – Watch
- After Anil Vij, Vijay Goel announces support for Dera Sacha's sports village in Haryana
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai conferred with Khel Ratna award
- Attention cinema lovers, Will Smith was a guest at Akshay Kumar's success party! – See pics
- Six scientists end year-long Mars mission