Coalgate storm: PM meets UPA leaders
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With the CBI’s report on coal scam triggering a huge political controversy, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday convened an emergency meeting of UPA allies.
The meeting at the Parliament is being attended by Sharad Pawar, Farroq Abdullah and Ajit Singh among others.
CBI Director Ranjit Sinha on Friday said in affidavit before Supreme Court that status report on coal allocation scam was shared with law minister Ashwini Kumar as desired by him.
The status report was also shared with joint secretary-level officers of PMO and coal ministry as desired by them also, Sinha said in the two-page affidavit before the apex court.
The CBI chief has promised not to share further status report with any political executive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security