Coalgate storm: PM meets UPA leaders
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With the CBI’s report on coal scam triggering a huge political controversy, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday convened an emergency meeting of UPA allies.
The meeting at the Parliament is being attended by Sharad Pawar, Farroq Abdullah and Ajit Singh among others.
CBI Director Ranjit Sinha on Friday said in affidavit before Supreme Court that status report on coal allocation scam was shared with law minister Ashwini Kumar as desired by him.
The status report was also shared with joint secretary-level officers of PMO and coal ministry as desired by them also, Sinha said in the two-page affidavit before the apex court.
The CBI chief has promised not to share further status report with any political executive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred