Coalgate storm: PM meets UPA leaders
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With the CBI’s report on coal scam triggering a huge political controversy, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday convened an emergency meeting of UPA allies.
The meeting at the Parliament is being attended by Sharad Pawar, Farroq Abdullah and Ajit Singh among others.
CBI Director Ranjit Sinha on Friday said in affidavit before Supreme Court that status report on coal allocation scam was shared with law minister Ashwini Kumar as desired by him.
The status report was also shared with joint secretary-level officers of PMO and coal ministry as desired by them also, Sinha said in the two-page affidavit before the apex court.
The CBI chief has promised not to share further status report with any political executive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM