Coalgate: Will PMO officials be grilled, asks RSS
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after the CBI filed an FIR accusing Congress MP Naveen Jindal and former minister of state for coal Dasari Narayan Rao of fraud and corruption in the allocation of a coal block, an editorial on Saturday hit out at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
An editorial in Panchjanya, the weekly newspaper published by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), asked if the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) officials will be questioned in the coal block allocation scam.
Reports of Naveen Jindal Group providing an unsecured loan of Rs 2.25 crore in 2008 also brought to fore the startling fact that whenever the Prime Minister held the coal portfolio during 2004-09, the minister of state for coal was always a member of his own party.
Earlier this week, the Central Bureau of Investigation had filed a case against Jindal Steel and others for alleged irregularities in allocation of coal mines. Raids were also conducted at various locations across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!