Coalgate: Will PMO officials be grilled, asks RSS
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after the CBI filed an FIR accusing Congress MP Naveen Jindal and former minister of state for coal Dasari Narayan Rao of fraud and corruption in the allocation of a coal block, an editorial on Saturday hit out at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
An editorial in Panchjanya, the weekly newspaper published by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), asked if the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) officials will be questioned in the coal block allocation scam.
Reports of Naveen Jindal Group providing an unsecured loan of Rs 2.25 crore in 2008 also brought to fore the startling fact that whenever the Prime Minister held the coal portfolio during 2004-09, the minister of state for coal was always a member of his own party.
Earlier this week, the Central Bureau of Investigation had filed a case against Jindal Steel and others for alleged irregularities in allocation of coal mines. Raids were also conducted at various locations across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened