Coalgate: Will PMO officials be grilled, asks RSS
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after the CBI filed an FIR accusing Congress MP Naveen Jindal and former minister of state for coal Dasari Narayan Rao of fraud and corruption in the allocation of a coal block, an editorial on Saturday hit out at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
An editorial in Panchjanya, the weekly newspaper published by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), asked if the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) officials will be questioned in the coal block allocation scam.
Reports of Naveen Jindal Group providing an unsecured loan of Rs 2.25 crore in 2008 also brought to fore the startling fact that whenever the Prime Minister held the coal portfolio during 2004-09, the minister of state for coal was always a member of his own party.
Earlier this week, the Central Bureau of Investigation had filed a case against Jindal Steel and others for alleged irregularities in allocation of coal mines. Raids were also conducted at various locations across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption