Coalgate: Will PMO officials be grilled, asks RSS
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after the CBI filed an FIR accusing Congress MP Naveen Jindal and former minister of state for coal Dasari Narayan Rao of fraud and corruption in the allocation of a coal block, an editorial on Saturday hit out at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
An editorial in Panchjanya, the weekly newspaper published by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), asked if the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) officials will be questioned in the coal block allocation scam.
Reports of Naveen Jindal Group providing an unsecured loan of Rs 2.25 crore in 2008 also brought to fore the startling fact that whenever the Prime Minister held the coal portfolio during 2004-09, the minister of state for coal was always a member of his own party.
Earlier this week, the Central Bureau of Investigation had filed a case against Jindal Steel and others for alleged irregularities in allocation of coal mines. Raids were also conducted at various locations across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!