Coalition doesn`t allow unilateralism: Cong to TMC
New Delhi: As West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee divested one of Congress ministers in the
state of two portfolios, Congress today sent out a message to
her that the coalition dharma does not permit "unilateralism".
At the same time, the AICC sang the tune of restraint and
reconciliation expressing confidence that things could be
sorted out through talks with Trinamool Congress.
"As far as West Bengal is concerned, I think restraint
and deep exchange of views and interaction is required. I
don`t think hot words or sharp exchanges will help," party
spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi told reporters here.
Pressed further, he said "certainly coalition dharma does
not permit unilateralism. All stakeholders should understand
that it takes both the hands to clap. It is necessary for all
to maintain restraint."
Singhvi at the same time said he was hopeful that things
will come to a very harmonious and even keel very soon.
Peeved at being divested of two of three departments in
a portfolio reshuffle, Minister of State Manoj Chakraborty of
Congress today threatened to resign from the Mamata Banerjee
government and accused it of functioning in a "dictatorial
Slamming the chief minister, Chakraborty said "people
have been questioning her own performance. I have been removed
from the two departments by the chief minister who wanted to
take revenge on me. The government here has been functioning
in a dictatorial manner."
The ties between the two alliance partners had come
under a lot of strain over a range of issues, including Mamata
government`s proposal to rename Indira Bhavan, a bunglaw in
Kolkata and the Chief Minister had even dared Congress to
leave the ministry headed by her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai
- Vietnam scientists spot rare endangered primates
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule
- Is butter healthy? Five reasons to eat Krishna's favourite!
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan