Coalition doesn`t allow unilateralism: Cong to TMC
New Delhi: As West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee divested one of Congress ministers in the
state of two portfolios, Congress today sent out a message to
her that the coalition dharma does not permit "unilateralism".
At the same time, the AICC sang the tune of restraint and
reconciliation expressing confidence that things could be
sorted out through talks with Trinamool Congress.
"As far as West Bengal is concerned, I think restraint
and deep exchange of views and interaction is required. I
don`t think hot words or sharp exchanges will help," party
spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi told reporters here.
Pressed further, he said "certainly coalition dharma does
not permit unilateralism. All stakeholders should understand
that it takes both the hands to clap. It is necessary for all
to maintain restraint."
Singhvi at the same time said he was hopeful that things
will come to a very harmonious and even keel very soon.
Peeved at being divested of two of three departments in
a portfolio reshuffle, Minister of State Manoj Chakraborty of
Congress today threatened to resign from the Mamata Banerjee
government and accused it of functioning in a "dictatorial
Slamming the chief minister, Chakraborty said "people
have been questioning her own performance. I have been removed
from the two departments by the chief minister who wanted to
take revenge on me. The government here has been functioning
in a dictatorial manner."
The ties between the two alliance partners had come
under a lot of strain over a range of issues, including Mamata
government`s proposal to rename Indira Bhavan, a bunglaw in
Kolkata and the Chief Minister had even dared Congress to
leave the ministry headed by her.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler