Coast Guard apprehends Lankan boat off Indian waters
Chennai: A Sri Lankan boat has been
apprehended by the Coast Guard off Tamil Nadu and Andhra
Pradesh coast for violating the Indian Exclusive Economic
Zone, as part of an anti-poaching operation involving ships
The boat, carrying 600 kg of tuna, has since been brought
to Chennai by the Coast Guard for handing over to police
authorities, an official press release said.
However, it did not state when the boat was caught or
whether any fishermen were on board.
The release said that in the last six months, a total of
79 boats, carrying 413 fishermen had been apprehended and a
total of 53,040 kg of fish catch seized.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video