Coast Guard apprehends Lankan boat off Indian waters
Chennai: A Sri Lankan boat has been
apprehended by the Coast Guard off Tamil Nadu and Andhra
Pradesh coast for violating the Indian Exclusive Economic
Zone, as part of an anti-poaching operation involving ships
The boat, carrying 600 kg of tuna, has since been brought
to Chennai by the Coast Guard for handing over to police
authorities, an official press release said.
However, it did not state when the boat was caught or
whether any fishermen were on board.
The release said that in the last six months, a total of
79 boats, carrying 413 fishermen had been apprehended and a
total of 53,040 kg of fish catch seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened