Coast Guard inducts patrol vessel `ICGS Vijit` in its fleet
Panaji: Indian Coast Guard (CG) on Saturday
inducted a new generation off shore patrol vessel, ICGS Vijit
in its fleet.
The ship, which was commissioned by union minister
of defense for state M M Pallam Raju, has been built by Goa
Shipyard Limited (GSL).
Officials said the state-of-the-art offshore patrol
vessel is 90 metre long has an Integrated Bridge System (IBS)
equipped with a contemporary navigation and communication
equipment and is also provided with a Platform Management
Propelled by two MTU engines, this vessel is capable of
26 knots and an endurance of 4500 nautical miles.
The vessel is also equipped with a 30 mm gun to counter
undesirable intruders and is fitted out for helicopter
It is the only vessel in the world with the large range
of capabilities for pollution control, fire fighting, search
and rescue, surveillance and patrol provided in a 90 meter
After the commissioning in a function held at port town
of Vasco here, Raju said coastal security apparatus for
dealing with the infiltration through sea on our shores is
already in place and being bolstered consistently with the
continued and increased interaction amongst all the
stakeholders in the maritime security.
Sureesh Mehta, High Commissioner of India to New Zealand,
was amongst the dignitaries present on the occasion.
ICGS `Vijit` on joining the fleet will be deployed
extensively for safety of the nation`s maritime zones and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why