Coast Guard nets 21 Pakistani anglers off Gujarat coast
Jamnagar: Indian Coast Guard has arrested 21 Pakistani fishermen off Jakhau coast in Gujarat for illegally intruding into Indian waters and seized three fishing trawlers, an official said on Saturday.
"Indian Coast Guard interceptor boat `Meera Vahan`, on the forward area patrolling, apprehended three Pakistani fishing boats -- Al Haram, Al-Ali and Al-Ghous -- along with 21 crew members, off Jakhau coast in Kutch last night while they were fishing in Indian waters", a Coast Guard official said.
He said the Pakistani anglers and the seized trawlers were brought to Okha today and handed over to Marine Police, where they are being quizzed by the state and Central intelligence agencies at the joint interrogation centre.
In separate operations last month, 37 Pakistani fishermen had been arrested and their four boats seized by the BSF and Coast Guard near Padala creek off Kutch district and off Mitha Port, respectively, for crossing the Indian maritime boundary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours