Coast Guard nets 21 Pakistani anglers off Gujarat coast
Jamnagar: Indian Coast Guard has arrested 21 Pakistani fishermen off Jakhau coast in Gujarat for illegally intruding into Indian waters and seized three fishing trawlers, an official said on Saturday.
"Indian Coast Guard interceptor boat `Meera Vahan`, on the forward area patrolling, apprehended three Pakistani fishing boats -- Al Haram, Al-Ali and Al-Ghous -- along with 21 crew members, off Jakhau coast in Kutch last night while they were fishing in Indian waters", a Coast Guard official said.
He said the Pakistani anglers and the seized trawlers were brought to Okha today and handed over to Marine Police, where they are being quizzed by the state and Central intelligence agencies at the joint interrogation centre.
In separate operations last month, 37 Pakistani fishermen had been arrested and their four boats seized by the BSF and Coast Guard near Padala creek off Kutch district and off Mitha Port, respectively, for crossing the Indian maritime boundary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre