Coast Guard official assaults young officer
New Delhi: The Indian Coast Guard has ordered a Board of Inquiry (BoI) against a DIG-level officer for allegedly assaulting and causing injury to a young officer in Anadaman and Nicobar Islands.
"A BoI under a senior-level officer has been instituted against Deputy Inspector General (DIG) MA Warsi for allegedly assaulting and causing injury to a young Assistant Commandant during a briefing at their base in Andamans," Defence Ministry officials said.
They said the incident took place on August 29 while Warsi, who is the Chief of Staff (CoS) at the Coast Guard station in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, was briefing young officers about operational issues.
"During the briefing, the Assistant Commandant sought some clarification about some issue which irritated the DIG but the young officer persisted with his query, after which he was allegedly slapped by DIG Warsi," they said.
The argument continued and the DIG slapped him further twice on his earlobes and blood oozed from the Assistant Commandant`s ears after which he fell down," officials said.
After the reports about the incident came, DIG Warsi was removed from Andaman and Nicobar and attached to the Copast Guard regional headquarters in Mumbai for the inquiry to be held by the BoI, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!
- Beware! If you are woman and using elevator alone - WATCH Video