Coast Guard to set up 16 radar networks
Chennai: Stepping up its vigil, the Coast Guard
has planned to set up 16 radar networks along the Eastern coastal region.
"..for enhancing the surveillance capabilities a Coastal
Surveillance Radar Network (CSRN) along the coastline is being
established, out of which 16 are planned for the Eastern
region," Coast Guard said in a release.
The Coast Guard said in a move to keep the exclusive
economic zone on the Eastern coast under continuous vigil, a
major thrust has been accorded by operating nine ships and
three aircrafts daily.
Besides, new Coast Guard stations at Krishnapatnam,
Nizampattnam, Kolkata, Frazergunj and Gopalpur were proposed
for commissioning this year, the release said.
A pollution control vessel under construction would also
be based in the region, it said.
Stating that the organisation has been undertaking search
and rescue operations round-the-clock, it said the Coast Guard
Eastern region has saved 203 lives in 2011-12.
Meanwhile, the Coast Guard today celebrated 35 years of
service, as a mark of which various programmes were held.
Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah participated as the chief guest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000