‘Coastal security in place to check infiltration’
Visakhapatnam: Union Minister of State for
Defence, M M Pallam Raju, on Friday said here that the coastal
security apparatus for dealing with infiltration attempts by
the sea route was already in place, and was being strengthened
Addressing a gathering after commissioning of Indian
Coast Guard ship `Rani Abbakka` at the Coast Guard jetty here
this evening, Raju said the establishment of coastal
surveillance network was in various stages of implementation.
Because of the increased commercial traffic through
Indian waters, the role of Coast Guard had become all the more
significant, he said.
Stability in the neighbourhood and the Indian ocean
region was of paramount importance as any disturbance can have
an effect on the internal security of India, the minister
As the resources on the land were getting depleted,
nations were turning to the seas, and Coast Guard also had an
important role in safeguarding India`s marine wealth, Raju
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY