Cocaine worth Rs 10 crore seized from vehicle coming from PoK
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Srinagar: Police officials announced on Friday that they have seized cocaine with street value of Rs 10 crore from a truck returning from Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir in Baramulla district of north Kashmir
Acting on a specific input, police intercepted the truck bearing registration number of Jammu and Kashmir and driven by Abdul Ahad Ganie of Mawar Handwara this afternoon, a police spokesman said.
The truck had gone to PoK on Thursday with a load of bananas from fruit Mandi Srinagar which were delivered to one Faizan Traders in PoK, the spokesman said.
During the search of the truck on its return near Sheeri in Baramulla, nine packets (approximately 10Kgs) of contraband cocaine were recovered from the truck, he said.
The consignment of the contraband was concealed in a tyre on the overhead toolbox, he said.
On being questioned, the driver and the conductor of the truck admitted that they had brought the illegal drugs from PoK which were to be delivered to some conduit in Srinagar, the spokesman said.
A case has been registered in Sheeri police station and investigation was on.
The estimated value of the substance is Rs 10 crore in international market, he said.
In an another incident, police today arrested a Nigerian national from Kullu town in Himachal Pradesh with 65 g cocaine, costing approximately Rs 4 lakh in the international black market.
Marvelous Osaze (41) was arrested on suspicion last evening and on search, 65 g cocaine was found in the bag he was carrying, investigating officer Shiv Singh said.
Osaze told police he had arrived Kullu from Delhi yesterday and had procured the drug from Delhi, Singh said, adding that the Nigerian Embassy had been informed about the incident.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo