Cocaine worth Rs 10 crore seized from vehicle coming from PoK
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Srinagar: Police officials announced on Friday that they have seized cocaine with street value of Rs 10 crore from a truck returning from Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir in Baramulla district of north Kashmir
Acting on a specific input, police intercepted the truck bearing registration number of Jammu and Kashmir and driven by Abdul Ahad Ganie of Mawar Handwara this afternoon, a police spokesman said.
The truck had gone to PoK on Thursday with a load of bananas from fruit Mandi Srinagar which were delivered to one Faizan Traders in PoK, the spokesman said.
During the search of the truck on its return near Sheeri in Baramulla, nine packets (approximately 10Kgs) of contraband cocaine were recovered from the truck, he said.
The consignment of the contraband was concealed in a tyre on the overhead toolbox, he said.
On being questioned, the driver and the conductor of the truck admitted that they had brought the illegal drugs from PoK which were to be delivered to some conduit in Srinagar, the spokesman said.
A case has been registered in Sheeri police station and investigation was on.
The estimated value of the substance is Rs 10 crore in international market, he said.
In an another incident, police today arrested a Nigerian national from Kullu town in Himachal Pradesh with 65 g cocaine, costing approximately Rs 4 lakh in the international black market.
Marvelous Osaze (41) was arrested on suspicion last evening and on search, 65 g cocaine was found in the bag he was carrying, investigating officer Shiv Singh said.
Osaze told police he had arrived Kullu from Delhi yesterday and had procured the drug from Delhi, Singh said, adding that the Nigerian Embassy had been informed about the incident.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!