Cold conditions persist in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Friday prevailed in Punjab and Haryana as mercury remained a few notches below normal in both the states.
Dense fog also disrupted life in several places including Chandigarh, Amritsar and Ludhiana.
Amritsar was the coldest place in the region as it recorded a minimum of 2.2 deg C, one degree less than normal, Met office said here today.
Among other places in Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala braved cold at 6 and 7 degrees C respectively.
Chandigarh saw a low of 5.4 deg C, dropped by a degree below normal.
In plain areas of Haryana, Narnaul shivered at 3 degrees C, down by two notches below normal.
Hisar, Ambala and Karnal registered a low of 5 deg C, 6.9 deg C and 5.2 deg C respectively.
Met has forecasted dry weather with mist and fog at isolated places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress