Cold conditions prevail in parts of Punjab and Har
Chandigarh: Amritsar remained the coldest place in the region with cold conditions prevailing in most parts of Punjab and Haryana.
Minimum temperature in Amritsar settled at 3.6 deg C, down by one degree below normal, the MeT office said here today.
Among other parts of Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 10.3 deg C and 8.1 deg C respectively.
UT Chandigarh recorded minimum at 7.3 deg C.
In plain areas of Haryana, Narnaul braved cold at 5 deg C, down by one degree below normal.
Ambala, Hisar and Bhiwani experienced cold at 8 deg C, 6.8 deg C and 6.4 deg C respectively.
Karnal shivered at 6.2 deg C, down by two notches below normal.
The MeT Department predicted that dry weather conditions will continue during next 48 hours with fog and mist during night and morning in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’