Cold conditions prevail in parts of Punjab and Har
Chandigarh: Amritsar remained the coldest place in the region with cold conditions prevailing in most parts of Punjab and Haryana.
Minimum temperature in Amritsar settled at 3.6 deg C, down by one degree below normal, the MeT office said here today.
Among other parts of Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 10.3 deg C and 8.1 deg C respectively.
UT Chandigarh recorded minimum at 7.3 deg C.
In plain areas of Haryana, Narnaul braved cold at 5 deg C, down by one degree below normal.
Ambala, Hisar and Bhiwani experienced cold at 8 deg C, 6.8 deg C and 6.4 deg C respectively.
Karnal shivered at 6.2 deg C, down by two notches below normal.
The MeT Department predicted that dry weather conditions will continue during next 48 hours with fog and mist during night and morning in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city