Cold conditions prevail in parts of Punjab and Har
Chandigarh: Amritsar remained the coldest place in the region with cold conditions prevailing in most parts of Punjab and Haryana.
Minimum temperature in Amritsar settled at 3.6 deg C, down by one degree below normal, the MeT office said here today.
Among other parts of Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 10.3 deg C and 8.1 deg C respectively.
UT Chandigarh recorded minimum at 7.3 deg C.
In plain areas of Haryana, Narnaul braved cold at 5 deg C, down by one degree below normal.
Ambala, Hisar and Bhiwani experienced cold at 8 deg C, 6.8 deg C and 6.4 deg C respectively.
Karnal shivered at 6.2 deg C, down by two notches below normal.
The MeT Department predicted that dry weather conditions will continue during next 48 hours with fog and mist during night and morning in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : World's first' White Tiger' sanctuary opens in Madhya Pradesh
- DNA: World's first' White Tiger' sanctuary opens in Madhya Pradesh - Part II
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer