Cold conditions prevail in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions prevailed in Punjab and Haryana on Monday with minimum temperature dropping a few notches below normal at several places in the region.
Dense fog and mist reduced visibility at many places in Punjab and Haryana.
Amritsar in the region was the coldest place with a low of 4 degrees Celsius, three degrees below normal.
Chandigarh had a low of 10 degrees Celsius, one degree above normal, the Met department said here today.
In Haryana, Ambala and Bhiwani recorded a minimum of 11 degrees Celsius and 7.4 degrees Celsius respectively while Hisar and Narnaul braved cold weather at 5.6 degrees Celsius and 4.5 degrees Celsius, down by 4 degrees each below normal.
Ludhiana had a low of 11.7 degrees Celsius and Patiala settled at 10.4 degrees Celsius.
Weather will remain dry during the next 24 hours while foggy conditions would prevail at several places in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH