Cold tightens grip over J-K, chill continues in Punjab, Haryana
New Delhi: Cold wave tightened its grip over
Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday, while chilly conditions persisted in
Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh where mercury level fell due to
clear skies overnight.
Ladakh region in Jammu and Kashmir continued to be the
worst hit as night temperature fell to minus 15 deg C in Leh
and minus 14 deg C in Kargil. The two districts yesterday had
recorded a low of minus 10.8 deg C and minus 13 deg C.
Gulmarg and Pahalgam were the coldest places in the region
with a low of minus 9.9 deg C and minus 8.4 deg C today
against minus 9.8 deg C and minus 7 deg C yesterday.
Srinagar reeled under minus 2.3 deg C against minus 0.4
deg C yesterday.
Bhaderwah and Banihal were the coldest places in Jammu
region with a low of minus 0.3 deg C and 1.6 deg C.
Jammu recorded a minimum of 5.3 deg C against 7.5 deg C
yesterday while Katra recorded a minimum of 7.7 deg C.
Cold wave conditions also intensified in Himachal Pradesh
as mercury dropped in many places due to clear sky overnight.
Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti district, was
the coldest place in the state with a low of minus 11.6 deg C.
Shimla recorded a night temperature of 2.6 deg C.
At most places in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh the
minimum temperature was recorded below normal.
Karnal was the coldest place in Haryana with a low of 5
deg C while Ambala settled at 6.3 deg C. In Punjab, Amritsar
recorded a low of 5.2 deg C, while Chandigarh had a minimum
temperature of 6.9 deg C.
In Rajasthan, Sriganganagar was the coldest place with a
low of 6.8 deg C, followed by Churu at 7 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly