Cold wave continues unabated in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: The cold wave continued unabated in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh with the minimum temperature dropping by up to five degrees Celsius below normal at a few places in the region.
The minimum temperatures in Punjab and Haryana hovered between one to five degrees Celsius below normal range, the Met office here said, adding that foggy morning and misty conditions too prevailed in some parts of the region.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Hisar and Amritsar were coldest places with an identical low of four degrees Celsius, which was five and two notches below normal respectively.
While Ludhiana settled at a low of 4.8 degrees Celsius, three notches below normal, the minimum temperature at Narnaul was 5.5 degrees Celsius, two notches below normal.
Among other places, Patiala had a low of 6.2 degrees Celsius, three notches below normal followed by 6.9 degrees Celsius at Ambala, two notches below normal, 7.1 degrees Celsius at Chandigarh, one notch below normal.
Besides, Ambala, Amritsar, Ludhiana and Patiala had foggy conditions in the morning. At several other places it was misty conditions in the region.
The Met forecast clear sky by possibility of rise in day as well as in night temperatures in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra