Cold wave continues unabated in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: The cold wave continued unabated in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh with the minimum temperature dropping by up to five degrees Celsius below normal at a few places in the region.
The minimum temperatures in Punjab and Haryana hovered between one to five degrees Celsius below normal range, the Met office here said, adding that foggy morning and misty conditions too prevailed in some parts of the region.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Hisar and Amritsar were coldest places with an identical low of four degrees Celsius, which was five and two notches below normal respectively.
While Ludhiana settled at a low of 4.8 degrees Celsius, three notches below normal, the minimum temperature at Narnaul was 5.5 degrees Celsius, two notches below normal.
Among other places, Patiala had a low of 6.2 degrees Celsius, three notches below normal followed by 6.9 degrees Celsius at Ambala, two notches below normal, 7.1 degrees Celsius at Chandigarh, one notch below normal.
Besides, Ambala, Amritsar, Ludhiana and Patiala had foggy conditions in the morning. At several other places it was misty conditions in the region.
The Met forecast clear sky by possibility of rise in day as well as in night temperatures in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla