Cold wave intensifies in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave on Tuesday intensified in Punjab and Haryana with mercury dipping to four degrees Celsius below normal at some places in the region.
The minimum temperature hovered between one to four degrees Celsius below normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said here.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Karnal recorded the lowest temperature by registering 3.6 degrees Celsius, which was four notches below normal.
While Amritsar braved a low of four degrees Celsius, one notch below normal, the minimum temperature at Hisar was 4.6 degrees Celsius, two notches below normal.
Among other places in the region, Ambala settled at a low of five degrees Celsius, three notches below normal followed by 5.2 degrees Celsius at Patiala, two notches below normal, 5.5 degrees Celsius at Narnaul, one notch below normal and 6.4 degrees Celsius at Ludhiana, two notches below normal.
Chandigarh saw a low of 7.1 degrees Celsius.
Foggy conditions prevailed at Patiala, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Karnal, Ambala and Chandigarh disrupting normal life in the early hours of the day.
The Met forecast partly cloudy sky with no respite from cold conditions in Punjab and Haryana during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report