Cold wave intensifies in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave on Tuesday intensified in Punjab and Haryana with mercury dipping to four degrees Celsius below normal at some places in the region.
The minimum temperature hovered between one to four degrees Celsius below normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said here.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Karnal recorded the lowest temperature by registering 3.6 degrees Celsius, which was four notches below normal.
While Amritsar braved a low of four degrees Celsius, one notch below normal, the minimum temperature at Hisar was 4.6 degrees Celsius, two notches below normal.
Among other places in the region, Ambala settled at a low of five degrees Celsius, three notches below normal followed by 5.2 degrees Celsius at Patiala, two notches below normal, 5.5 degrees Celsius at Narnaul, one notch below normal and 6.4 degrees Celsius at Ludhiana, two notches below normal.
Chandigarh saw a low of 7.1 degrees Celsius.
Foggy conditions prevailed at Patiala, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Karnal, Ambala and Chandigarh disrupting normal life in the early hours of the day.
The Met forecast partly cloudy sky with no respite from cold conditions in Punjab and Haryana during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- WWE Monday Night Raw results (July 25, 2016): Finn Balor earns shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!