Cold wave intensifies in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave on Tuesday intensified in Punjab and Haryana with mercury dipping to four degrees Celsius below normal at some places in the region.
The minimum temperature hovered between one to four degrees Celsius below normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said here.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Karnal recorded the lowest temperature by registering 3.6 degrees Celsius, which was four notches below normal.
While Amritsar braved a low of four degrees Celsius, one notch below normal, the minimum temperature at Hisar was 4.6 degrees Celsius, two notches below normal.
Among other places in the region, Ambala settled at a low of five degrees Celsius, three notches below normal followed by 5.2 degrees Celsius at Patiala, two notches below normal, 5.5 degrees Celsius at Narnaul, one notch below normal and 6.4 degrees Celsius at Ludhiana, two notches below normal.
Chandigarh saw a low of 7.1 degrees Celsius.
Foggy conditions prevailed at Patiala, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Karnal, Ambala and Chandigarh disrupting normal life in the early hours of the day.
The Met forecast partly cloudy sky with no respite from cold conditions in Punjab and Haryana during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO