Collection of farm tools for Sardar Patel’s memorial from Dec 15
Hyderabad: The campaign of collecting farm implements from over 6 lakh villages in the country for construction of "the Statue of Unity", a monument in memory of Sardar Patel in Gujarat, will begin from December 15.
This was informed by Gujarat Minister of State for Law and Justice Pradipsinh Jadeja here today.
Gujarat is set to build the 182-metre tall statue of Sardar Patel, the world`s tallest one, as a tribute to the `Iron man of India` near Bharuch. It has been conceptualised by BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"The construction of the world`s tallest statue of Sardar Patel would be a testimony to India`s spirit of unity. We appeal to the citizens of this region to participate in the project," he told reporters here.
A "run for unity" would also be organized on December 15, the death anniversary of India`s first Deputy Prime Minister. An exhibition of the photographs of Sarpanches of villages in the country would be set up at the site of the statue, Jadeja said.
Essay-writing would be organized in 1.67 lakh schools across the country to make children aware of the great contributions of Sardar Patel, he said.
The foundation laying ceremony for the statue was performed on October 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Heavy rainfall forecast in Karnataka as monsoon advances
- Germany says 'won`t let anyone take Europe from us'
- High-tech scans can spare cancer patients from intensive chemotherapy: Study
- Britain pressured for quick EU split as Brexit impact begins
- Debris in Tanzania to be examined for link to missing MH370: Report