Collection of Tagore paintings on 150 birth anniversary
Kolkata: Centre has responded to a proposal by
the Visva-Bharati to bring out a collection of Rabindranath
Tagore`s paintings as part of the 150th birth anniversary
celebrations of the legend.
"Visva-Bharati is extremely pleased to inform that the
Ministry of Culture, Government of India, has responded to its
proposal to bring out a four-volume Rabindra Chitraavali
(collection of painting) by granting the first instalment of
the budgeted amount," a Visva-Bharati release said here today.
The volumes will be co-published with `Pratikshan`,
a well known Bengali publisher.
The Visva-Bharati has also received positive feedback on
its other proposals in connection with the celebrations, like
setting up of a new `Twin Museum Complex` for Rabindra Bhavana
and Kala Bhavana in Santiniketan.
There was also good response to the plans of bringing out
a chronological anthology of the entire publications of Tagore
under the project `Kalanukramik Rabindra Rachanabali`, it
The Visva-Bharati has chalked out a series of programmes
as part of the celebrations which would begin with a
`Baitalik` at 5 am on May 9 at Santiniketan, Tagore`s abode of
Exhibitions on Rabindra Chitrakala will be inaugurated
at Kala Bhavana to be followed by a photo exhibition at
Launching of a computer literacy programme would be held
at Sriniketan and Tagore`s `Tasher Desh` staged in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie