Collective wisdom can find solution to Telangana issue: Cong
New Delhi: Amid claims and counter claims of
leaders from Telangana, coastal Andhra Pradesh and Rayalseema
for creation of a separate state of Telangana, Congress today
said it was up to the collective wisdom of all political
parties in the state to find a solution.
"It is up to the collective wisdom of all political
parties in Andhra Pradesh that they find out a solution after
consultation," party spokesman Manish Tewari said.
He said Telangana was not a new issue as it is a four
decade-old demand and successive generation of politicians
have grappled with the issue of a separate Telangana.
Asked whether the government was paralysed on the
statehood issue after agitation broke out in the state, Tewari
said the Home Minister and the Finance Minister have already
spoken on the issue of Telangana and have given whatever
reaction the government had to give.
Tewari`s remarks came ahead of a statement likely to be
issued by the government today to defuse the situation in the
wake of its earlier announcement of a separate Telangana.
Following the government`s announcement, agitation have
broken out in Andhra Pradesh and Congress MPs from coastal and
Rayalaseema wrote letters to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and
Congress chief Sonia Gandhi in which they are understood to
have said any "dilution" of stand on the separate Telangana
state will have "serious repercussions".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh