Collective wisdom can find solution to Telangana issue: Cong
New Delhi: Amid claims and counter claims of
leaders from Telangana, coastal Andhra Pradesh and Rayalseema
for creation of a separate state of Telangana, Congress today
said it was up to the collective wisdom of all political
parties in the state to find a solution.
"It is up to the collective wisdom of all political
parties in Andhra Pradesh that they find out a solution after
consultation," party spokesman Manish Tewari said.
He said Telangana was not a new issue as it is a four
decade-old demand and successive generation of politicians
have grappled with the issue of a separate Telangana.
Asked whether the government was paralysed on the
statehood issue after agitation broke out in the state, Tewari
said the Home Minister and the Finance Minister have already
spoken on the issue of Telangana and have given whatever
reaction the government had to give.
Tewari`s remarks came ahead of a statement likely to be
issued by the government today to defuse the situation in the
wake of its earlier announcement of a separate Telangana.
Following the government`s announcement, agitation have
broken out in Andhra Pradesh and Congress MPs from coastal and
Rayalaseema wrote letters to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and
Congress chief Sonia Gandhi in which they are understood to
have said any "dilution" of stand on the separate Telangana
state will have "serious repercussions".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...