Collective wisdom can find solution to Telangana issue: Cong
New Delhi: Amid claims and counter claims of
leaders from Telangana, coastal Andhra Pradesh and Rayalseema
for creation of a separate state of Telangana, Congress today
said it was up to the collective wisdom of all political
parties in the state to find a solution.
"It is up to the collective wisdom of all political
parties in Andhra Pradesh that they find out a solution after
consultation," party spokesman Manish Tewari said.
He said Telangana was not a new issue as it is a four
decade-old demand and successive generation of politicians
have grappled with the issue of a separate Telangana.
Asked whether the government was paralysed on the
statehood issue after agitation broke out in the state, Tewari
said the Home Minister and the Finance Minister have already
spoken on the issue of Telangana and have given whatever
reaction the government had to give.
Tewari`s remarks came ahead of a statement likely to be
issued by the government today to defuse the situation in the
wake of its earlier announcement of a separate Telangana.
Following the government`s announcement, agitation have
broken out in Andhra Pradesh and Congress MPs from coastal and
Rayalaseema wrote letters to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and
Congress chief Sonia Gandhi in which they are understood to
have said any "dilution" of stand on the separate Telangana
state will have "serious repercussions".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America