Colonel accused of molestation approaches AFT for relief
New Delhi: A Colonel who is accused of
molesting a woman in a hotel has approached the Armed Forces
Tribunal against the Court of Inquiry (CoI) ordered against
him by the Army.
Colonel Sandeep Singh is charged of "misdemeanour"
against a woman in a hotel`s casino in Gangtok on December 1
while attending a higher command course there last year.
Denying the charges levelled against him, the officer
has asked the Tribunal to quash the inquiry against him.
The final report of the CoI ordered by Army`s
Sikkim-based 17 Mountain Division is still awaited.
Col Singh allegedly misbehaved with the woman in an
inebriated state and was accompanied by two other similar-rank
officers, who have been made witnesses in the case.
The Colonel had allegedly called up the hotel front desk
and asked for a woman to be sent to his room.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February