Colonel accused of molestation approaches AFT for relief
New Delhi: A Colonel who is accused of
molesting a woman in a hotel has approached the Armed Forces
Tribunal against the Court of Inquiry (CoI) ordered against
him by the Army.
Colonel Sandeep Singh is charged of "misdemeanour"
against a woman in a hotel`s casino in Gangtok on December 1
while attending a higher command course there last year.
Denying the charges levelled against him, the officer
has asked the Tribunal to quash the inquiry against him.
The final report of the CoI ordered by Army`s
Sikkim-based 17 Mountain Division is still awaited.
Col Singh allegedly misbehaved with the woman in an
inebriated state and was accompanied by two other similar-rank
officers, who have been made witnesses in the case.
The Colonel had allegedly called up the hotel front desk
and asked for a woman to be sent to his room.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence