Colonel accused of molestation approaches AFT for relief
New Delhi: A Colonel who is accused of
molesting a woman in a hotel has approached the Armed Forces
Tribunal against the Court of Inquiry (CoI) ordered against
him by the Army.
Colonel Sandeep Singh is charged of "misdemeanour"
against a woman in a hotel`s casino in Gangtok on December 1
while attending a higher command course there last year.
Denying the charges levelled against him, the officer
has asked the Tribunal to quash the inquiry against him.
The final report of the CoI ordered by Army`s
Sikkim-based 17 Mountain Division is still awaited.
Col Singh allegedly misbehaved with the woman in an
inebriated state and was accompanied by two other similar-rank
officers, who have been made witnesses in the case.
The Colonel had allegedly called up the hotel front desk
and asked for a woman to be sent to his room.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah