Colonel accused of molestation approaches AFT for relief
New Delhi: A Colonel who is accused of
molesting a woman in a hotel has approached the Armed Forces
Tribunal against the Court of Inquiry (CoI) ordered against
him by the Army.
Colonel Sandeep Singh is charged of "misdemeanour"
against a woman in a hotel`s casino in Gangtok on December 1
while attending a higher command course there last year.
Denying the charges levelled against him, the officer
has asked the Tribunal to quash the inquiry against him.
The final report of the CoI ordered by Army`s
Sikkim-based 17 Mountain Division is still awaited.
Col Singh allegedly misbehaved with the woman in an
inebriated state and was accompanied by two other similar-rank
officers, who have been made witnesses in the case.
The Colonel had allegedly called up the hotel front desk
and asked for a woman to be sent to his room.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India