Comb remark: BJP hits back at Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday hit back at Rahul Gandhi for his "comb" remark by raking up the corruption issue and quipping that there is a "political force" which seeks commission even on selling a comb.
"Congress Vice President said yesterday that there is one party which can sell combs to people without hair and also give them a haircut. There is a third party which seeks commission whether it is selling combs or giving haircut," BJP leader Arun Jaitley said.
Addressing the party`s National Council here, he said that it was because of this "political force" and corruption by them which is responsible for the bad state of economy.
Gandhi had yesterday suggested that BJP was making false promises to people which was akin to selling combs to the bald.
"Opposition parties can say anything. Their marketing is very good. They have used everything, name, shine and song. They are the ones who will sell combs to the bald.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'