Comb remark: BJP hits back at Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday hit back at Rahul Gandhi for his "comb" remark by raking up the corruption issue and quipping that there is a "political force" which seeks commission even on selling a comb.
"Congress Vice President said yesterday that there is one party which can sell combs to people without hair and also give them a haircut. There is a third party which seeks commission whether it is selling combs or giving haircut," BJP leader Arun Jaitley said.
Addressing the party`s National Council here, he said that it was because of this "political force" and corruption by them which is responsible for the bad state of economy.
Gandhi had yesterday suggested that BJP was making false promises to people which was akin to selling combs to the bald.
"Opposition parties can say anything. Their marketing is very good. They have used everything, name, shine and song. They are the ones who will sell combs to the bald.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly