Comb remark: BJP hits back at Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday hit back at Rahul Gandhi for his "comb" remark by raking up the corruption issue and quipping that there is a "political force" which seeks commission even on selling a comb.
"Congress Vice President said yesterday that there is one party which can sell combs to people without hair and also give them a haircut. There is a third party which seeks commission whether it is selling combs or giving haircut," BJP leader Arun Jaitley said.
Addressing the party`s National Council here, he said that it was because of this "political force" and corruption by them which is responsible for the bad state of economy.
Gandhi had yesterday suggested that BJP was making false promises to people which was akin to selling combs to the bald.
"Opposition parties can say anything. Their marketing is very good. They have used everything, name, shine and song. They are the ones who will sell combs to the bald.
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set