Come clean on WikiLeaks cables on Rajiv, BJP tells Congress
New Delhi: The Congress should "come clean" on the "WikiLeaks revelations" that the late Rajiv Gandhi had been a middleman for a Swedish company looking to sell fighter jets to India in the 1970s, the BJP said on Monday.
Leaked diplomatic cables from the US Embassy on the WikiLeaks website have reportedly named the late prime minister as a middleman during the 1970s when he was an Indian Airlines pilot. The Hindu has published findings of the `Kissinger cables`, which claim that Rajiv Gandhi may have been middleman for Swedish Company Saab-Scania when it was trying to sell its Viggen fighter aircraft to India in the 1970s.
"The WikiLeaks revelations are serious. This is absolutely shocking revelation, let us not forget that the revelations are making two specific charges, about two of their late prime ministers Indiraji and Rajivji," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
"They are connected to the first family of Congress. All defence deals have some relation with the Congress` first family. They should come clean on this, all the documents should be made public. We want the government, Congress and the family to come clean on it," Javadekar told a news channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Sad but true! Women in India earn 19% less than men, says report
- Jayalalithaa thanks Stalin for attending her swearing-in ceremony, says 'no intent to disrespect him or DMK'
- Snapdeal CPO Anand Chandrasekaran quits
- IT department to 'name and shame' crorepati defaulters this fiscal
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!