Come clear on govt`s ties with Reliance: BJP to PM
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to come clear on India Against Corruption`s charge about his government`s ties with Reliance and the reasons behind S Jaipal Reddy`s removal from the Petroleum Ministry.
Senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh issued a statement even as Kejriwal and his IAC colleagues were holding their press conference. Interestingly, Singh raised virtually the same questions- on change of Reddy`s portfolio and the alleged role of Reliance Industries in it- which were flagged by Kejriwal.
"Why has the minister in the ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas been changed? Is it any malfunction in the ministry that has persuaded Manmohan Singh to effect this change? Or is it that Jaipal Reddy was not found as a `convenient minister` or is this yet another example of corporate interests taking precedence over national good?" Singh said in his statement.
Singh maintained the change in Reddy`s portfolio-he has been moved to the Science and Technology Ministry in Sunday`s cabinet reshuffle- cannot be treated as "effected either for greater efficiency of the ministry or for the welfare of citizens of India or for national good".
BJP also wanted to know why after the Supreme Court gave the government full authority to fix gas prices in national interest the government took no steps.
"Which is why the PM must explain, he has a duty to, and we have a right to know," Singh said.
BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said all the charges levelled by Kejriwal should be answered by the government and the Prime Minister and it should bring the facts into public domain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah