Come out openly against govt`s decisions: BJP to Cong allies
Jaipur: The BJP on Monday asked allies of the Congress to come out openly against the UPA government if they disagreed with its recent decisions like the FDI in retail.
Parties showing annoyance with UPA government`s recent decisions should go to Rashtrapati Bhawan instead of making statements, BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
"Congress` allies cannot escape their responsibilities with regard to government`s decision to allow FDI in retail sector," he told a press conference here.
"If they are really opposed to government`s decisions, they should go to Rashtrapati Bhawan and help the country in getting rid of the UPA government," Hussain said.
"The decision on FDI in retail is against the interest of the nation and will affect crores of people engaged in the retail sector.
"After the FDI in retail, Americans will become owners and Indians will become salesmen or salesgirls. The move is a conspiracy to benefit Americans," he said.
A nation-wide shutdown would be enforced on September 20 against the decisions to hike the diesel price and the FDI in retail to wake up the fast-sleeping UPA government, Hussain said.
The Shiv Sena would not be participating in the bandh in view of the Ganpati festival, the BJP leader said.
On next Lok Sabha elections, he said the BJP would declare its Prime Ministerial candidate at an appropriate time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof