Committed to formation of Telangana state: BJP
New Delhi: With hectic activity on in Congress on the Telangana issue, BJP Friday said it has always been clear about its commitment to the carving out of the new state from Andhra Pradesh while the ruling party has been dilly-dallying on the matter.
"BJP has always been clear about its commitment towards the formation of Telangana. In 2006, BJP President Rajnath Singh- in his earlier tenure as party chief- had said at a rally in Mehboobnagar in Andhra Pradesh that the party supports Telangana," BJP spokesperson Sudanshu Trivedi said.
He recalled that during the 2009 Lok Sabha elections, BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate L K Advani had made the commitment that it is all for formation of the new state.
"If the NDA is voted to power then just as it had earlier formed the states of Uttaranchal, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand, it will form the state of Telangana," Trivedi said.
Asked if the BJP felt Congress is serious this time about formation of Telangana as it has deferred the decision a few times in the past, BJP said its own stand is clear.
"Congress has always dilly-dallied on the issue of Telangana but we have always been very clear about our position," Trivedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you