Committed to peaceful, friendly ties with Pakistan: India
New Delhi: India Thursday said it remains committed to building peaceful and friendly ties with Pakistan and expects it to abide by the commitment to prevent its territory and territory under its control from being used for terrorism against India.
In a written reply to Rajya Sabha on the government`s policies and programmes for enhancing bilateral relationship with SAARC countries, Minister of State for External Affairs Gen V K Singh said India will continue to engage pro-actively with all members of the grouping.
On Pakistan, he said the government remains committed to building peaceful, friendly and cooperative ties with Pakistan in an environment free from terror and violence.
"It is India`s desire to intensify and accelerate the process of trade normalisation and implement the steps agreed in September 2012 at the Commerce Secretary level," he said.
The Minister said the government hopes that bilateral relations with Pakistan will progress in economic, cultural and political fields in the same manner that India`s relations with her other SAARC neighbours have progressed in the recent years, built on partnerships for development and mutual prosperity.
"It is India`s expectation that Pakistan abides by its commitment to prevent its territory and territory under its control from being used for terrorism against India," Singh said.
Meanwhile, underlining that India has a close strategic partnership with Afghanistan covering a broad spectrum of areas including an active role in providing development and reconstruction assistance to Afghanistan, he said New Delhi is working with Kabul for its regional integration with the SAARC economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks