Committed to work within framework of Constitution: Kejriwal
Pune: Labelled as an "anarchist" by his critics, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal has stated that his party is committed to function within the framework of Indian Constitution.
Responding to the charge of being an anarchist leading elements with diverse ideologies lacking cohesiveness, Kejriwal said, "We can have people amongst us wedded to different ideologies but we are committed to the framework of the Indian Constitution."
The former Delhi chief minister said he would not like to be bound by ideological confines and does not believe in "isms" denoting political leanings.
"I am influenced by (Mahatma) Gandhi. I follow the humanist ideology. We want to empower people and change the system which is based on political corruption," he said in an interview to a Marathi news channel telecast yesterday.
Replying to questions, Kejriwal said he was earlier an atheist (person who does not believe in God) but had become a "believer" since the last three years as he felt that his course had been chartered by the divine will.
"I would not have imagined even in my wildest dream that I would quit my income tax job. I never thought of fighting elections. This is all God`s will. There is a power that guides you," he said, adding that he believes in the Bhagwad Gita philosophy that professes doing one`s ordained duty without expecting fruit of action.
"Gita is not just faith but is a science," Kejriwal felt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Anil Kumble: It's a great honour to be back in Indian dressing room in different role
- India vs Zimbabwe PHOTO: When MS Dhoni shared red-eye selfie on Facebook
- M.M. Khan murder: Manish Sisodia accuses hotelier of working under political patronage
- Experts for central epidemiological database to deal with bio-terrorism
- Cleric suspended after selfies with Pakistan`s `Kim Kardashian`