Committee to draft law for disabled persons gets extension
New Delhi: Government has extended by two months the term of the committee constituted to draft a legislation to replace the Persons with Disabilities Act.
The term of the panel, constituted in April, has been extended till December 31, official sources said.
The Committee, headed by Sudha Kaul, Vice-Chairperson, Indian Institute of Cerebral Palsy, Kolkata, will make an assessment of the financial implications - recurring and non-recurring - of the draft legislation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- After 22 months, NASA regains contact with sun-watching STEREO-B spacecraft!
- Parents, beware: Your lack of involvement might be making your child obese!
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to inaugurate BRICS meet on arbitration
- Raveena Tandon 'honoured' to receive award from Dharmendra
- Earthquake in Delhi is trending – Here's why