Committee to draft law for disabled persons gets extension
New Delhi: Government has extended by two months the term of the committee constituted to draft a legislation to replace the Persons with Disabilities Act.
The term of the panel, constituted in April, has been extended till December 31, official sources said.
The Committee, headed by Sudha Kaul, Vice-Chairperson, Indian Institute of Cerebral Palsy, Kolkata, will make an assessment of the financial implications - recurring and non-recurring - of the draft legislation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped