Committee to draft law for disabled persons gets extension
New Delhi: Government has extended by two months the term of the committee constituted to draft a legislation to replace the Persons with Disabilities Act.
The term of the panel, constituted in April, has been extended till December 31, official sources said.
The Committee, headed by Sudha Kaul, Vice-Chairperson, Indian Institute of Cerebral Palsy, Kolkata, will make an assessment of the financial implications - recurring and non-recurring - of the draft legislation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid