Committee to draft law for disabled persons gets extension
New Delhi: Government has extended by two months the term of the committee constituted to draft a legislation to replace the Persons with Disabilities Act.
The term of the panel, constituted in April, has been extended till December 31, official sources said.
The Committee, headed by Sudha Kaul, Vice-Chairperson, Indian Institute of Cerebral Palsy, Kolkata, will make an assessment of the financial implications - recurring and non-recurring - of the draft legislation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back