Common entrance test for Med, Eng, Comm
New Delhi: Efforts are underway to hold a single national-level entrance test for students to get admission into engineering, medical and commerce courses from 2013, HRD Minister Kapil Sibal today said.
"Efforts will be put to hold an All-India national test in Science and commerce from 2013. This will smoothen the admission process into engineering, medical, economics and commerce courses," Sibal said, addressing a meeting of the Council of School Board of Education (COBSE) here.
He said this will reduce burden on students who are appearing in multiple-tests for admission into these sources.
The HRD Minister said the all-India level entrance test will be on the lines of SIT in the US.
At the meeting, the COBSE said it has prepared a core-curriculum for senior secondary classes in science and mathematics subjects.
"There is 90 per cent census among the school boards on the core-curriculum prepared on science and mathematics," Sibal said.
A similar core curriculum will be prepared in commerce in three months.
Sibal had in August last year pitched for a uniform core curriculum for Mathematics and Science for all school boards. He had said a core curriculum could pave the way for a common entrance exam for admission to professional courses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened