Common man should be assured of justice: Justice Kurian
Shimla: As a guardian of Constitution the court must think of common man and ensure that justice is delivered to him, Supreme Court Judge Justice Kurian Joseph on Saturday said here.
"Courts are people`s institutions. They work because common man has reposed faith in these institutions. We must assure the common man that he will get what has been guaranteed by the Constitution," he said.
Justice Kurian was here to inaugurate the newly constructed administrative block of Himachal Pradesh High Court.
"As a guardian of Constitution the court must think of those people who have grievances but are not able to come to court for one or another reason. That is why extra-judicial activities are taken by judiciary.
"There should be an inner eye to see that poor man comes to court for justice and he gets justice," he added.
Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court AM Khanwilkar was also present at the occasion.
He said that a comprehensive plan has been prepared to incorporate Information Technology in functioning of High Court to ensure high performance and accountability.
"File tracking system will also be introduced in high court that will speed up file movement and file retrieval. Intra office communication system will also be installed in the new building for interaction and co-ordination," said Khanwilkar.
Biometric system will also ensure punctuality in the functioning, he said.
The Chief Justice said,"Ultra high-tech work station has been housed in the administrative block and the concerned section officer will ensure equal assignment of work to all."
"These steps will cut red tapism and functioning of the High Court will become a model for the country," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez