Communal harmony march to kickstart from Ayodhya
Ayodhya: In a bid to spread message of peace and communal harmony, prominent social activists will flag off a march which will kickstart from here and culminate at
Mahatma Gandhi`s birth place Vardha in Maharashtra.
"The 10-day National Communal Harmony march, to kickstart from December 10, will be flagged off by noted social activists Swami Agnivesh, Tista Sitalwad, Prashant Bhushan, Sandeep Pandey and Arundhati Roy," the march convener Yugal
Kishore Sharan Shastry said.
The march will see participation of over 200 people, including author Ram Punyani and reformist-writer and social activist Asghar Ali Engineer, he said.
"India is grappling with threats such as separatism, terrorism and communal violence. Its diversity and tradition of peace are undermined by the divisiveness encouraged by
communalism....The main aim of the event is to strengthen the Hindu-Muslim brotherhood and to give a message to those who believe that multi-religious society cannot exist in India," Shastry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog