Communal harmony march to kickstart from Ayodhya
Ayodhya: In a bid to spread message of peace and communal harmony, prominent social activists will flag off a march which will kickstart from here and culminate at
Mahatma Gandhi`s birth place Vardha in Maharashtra.
"The 10-day National Communal Harmony march, to kickstart from December 10, will be flagged off by noted social activists Swami Agnivesh, Tista Sitalwad, Prashant Bhushan, Sandeep Pandey and Arundhati Roy," the march convener Yugal
Kishore Sharan Shastry said.
The march will see participation of over 200 people, including author Ram Punyani and reformist-writer and social activist Asghar Ali Engineer, he said.
"India is grappling with threats such as separatism, terrorism and communal violence. Its diversity and tradition of peace are undermined by the divisiveness encouraged by
communalism....The main aim of the event is to strengthen the Hindu-Muslim brotherhood and to give a message to those who believe that multi-religious society cannot exist in India," Shastry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!