Communal Violence Bill to be discussed in Lok Sabha today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s outburst in Lok Sabha, the Parliament will discuss Communal Violence Bill on Monday.
The discussion is set to take place after Rahul demanded that the Bill be brought for discussion and protested by entering the well of the House last week.
Minister of State for Parliament Affairs Santosh Gangwar had said that apart from the Bill, rising incidents of communal violence will also be discussed in the Parliament.
The Gandhi scion had earlier also launched an attack on Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and said that `communal riots in UP were artificially engineered`, adding that the communal incidents were part of a deliberate strategy to “divide the poor”.
Speaking to a leading daily, Rahul had reportedly said, “Communal conflict is being artificially and deliberately engineered in our country, especially in Uttar Pradesh. This is a deliberate strategy to divide the poor of this country and pit brother against brother; to prevent people from uniting to fight the true enemy — inequality, poverty and lack of opportunity.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH