Communal Violence Bill to be discussed in Lok Sabha today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s outburst in Lok Sabha, the Parliament will discuss Communal Violence Bill on Monday.
The discussion is set to take place after Rahul demanded that the Bill be brought for discussion and protested by entering the well of the House last week.
Minister of State for Parliament Affairs Santosh Gangwar had said that apart from the Bill, rising incidents of communal violence will also be discussed in the Parliament.
The Gandhi scion had earlier also launched an attack on Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and said that `communal riots in UP were artificially engineered`, adding that the communal incidents were part of a deliberate strategy to “divide the poor”.
Speaking to a leading daily, Rahul had reportedly said, “Communal conflict is being artificially and deliberately engineered in our country, especially in Uttar Pradesh. This is a deliberate strategy to divide the poor of this country and pit brother against brother; to prevent people from uniting to fight the true enemy — inequality, poverty and lack of opportunity.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living