Communal Violence Bill to be discussed in Lok Sabha today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s outburst in Lok Sabha, the Parliament will discuss Communal Violence Bill on Monday.
The discussion is set to take place after Rahul demanded that the Bill be brought for discussion and protested by entering the well of the House last week.
Minister of State for Parliament Affairs Santosh Gangwar had said that apart from the Bill, rising incidents of communal violence will also be discussed in the Parliament.
The Gandhi scion had earlier also launched an attack on Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and said that `communal riots in UP were artificially engineered`, adding that the communal incidents were part of a deliberate strategy to “divide the poor”.
Speaking to a leading daily, Rahul had reportedly said, “Communal conflict is being artificially and deliberately engineered in our country, especially in Uttar Pradesh. This is a deliberate strategy to divide the poor of this country and pit brother against brother; to prevent people from uniting to fight the true enemy — inequality, poverty and lack of opportunity.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog