Communal Violence Prevention Bill soon: PC
Karaikudi: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram has said that government would soon introduce the Communal Violence (Prevention, Control and Rehabilitation) Bill
with amendments to prevent violence in the name of caste and religion.
Some suggestions had come from Parliamentary Standing Committee for amending the Bill and it had been placed before Parliament, he said in a function organised to unveil a statue of BR Ambedkar here late last evening.
Congress chief Sonia Gandhi had suggested to make it tougher for those instigating caste and communal violence, he said, adding the draft bill would be ready soon.
It was not good to hear about caste and communal violence even after several decades of Independence, he said, adding such incidents had no place in the land where great
leaders like Kamaraj, Anna (Annadurai-DMK founder) and Periyar (rationalist leader) lived.
The amendment would help lawmakers to take stringent
action against those instigating and spreading communal
violence, Chidambaram said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' memories strike back!