Company dupes investors of crores of rupees
Jaipur: Hundreds of investors on Saturday
protested against a multi-level marketing company which
allegedly duped people of around Rs 300 crore in Jaipur.
Agitated people gathered outside the Gold Sukh company`s
closed office in civil lines area. The investors had reached
the company`s office yesterday to collect their promised
payment. However, they learnt that they had been deceived by
Two FIRs have been registered with Vidhayakpuri police
station against the company, police said, adding the
complainants alleged that they had invested in the company on
promise of handsome profit but were duped by the firm.
The directors of the company shut down their office and
closed the company`s web site yesterday after protests.
The four directors had promised a 27 times more profit in
15 months to investors on members` deposit, which they
claimed, was used to purchase gold, police said.
DGP Harish Meena today called a meeting of top officers
and directed them to take action against the company
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users