Compensation to Stephen Court victims after DNA report: Govt
Kolkata: The West Bengal government Friday
said compensation of Rs two lakh in the Stephen Court fire
tragedy was delayed as DNA reports have not been received.
The announcement came a month after blaze claimed 44
lives in the building on Park Street.
"After we receive all DNA reports, compensation will be
handed over to the families of the victims," Fire Services
Minister Pratim Chatterjee told reporters.
"The decision has been taken for giving Rs 2 lakh
compensation each to next of the kin of victims and letter has
already been sent to the Finance Department," he said.
The devastating blaze that swept through three floors of
the 150-year-old multi-storeyed building had claimed 44 lives
on March 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred