Competition policy to bring down inflation: Moily
Hyderabad: The government is all set to come
out with National Corporate Governance Policy and National
Competition Policy by the end of this fiscal, Minister for
Corporate Affairs Veerappa Moily said here today.
He also said that proper implementation of National
Competition Policy will help the economy by bringing down the
inflation considerably, and help ensure healthy pricing, apart
from preventing cartel-forming.
"We expect the policy before the cabinet somewhere in
February-end or March first week, and it will be announced by
March," Moily told reporters on the sidelines of awards
function of Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
He said the implementation of competition policy had
brought down petroleum prices by at least half in the United
The draft competition policy had been sent to the Chief
Ministers and was awaiting replies, he said.
"We are also coming out with National Corporate
Governance Policy. This could be a second wave of reforms
after the economic reforms in 1991," the minister said.
Azim Premji, Wipro founder, was honoured with ICSI
Lifetime Achievement award at the function, while Gail India
and Hindustan Unilever Limited were adjudged as Best Governed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’