Competition policy to bring down inflation: Moily
Hyderabad: The government is all set to come
out with National Corporate Governance Policy and National
Competition Policy by the end of this fiscal, Minister for
Corporate Affairs Veerappa Moily said here today.
He also said that proper implementation of National
Competition Policy will help the economy by bringing down the
inflation considerably, and help ensure healthy pricing, apart
from preventing cartel-forming.
"We expect the policy before the cabinet somewhere in
February-end or March first week, and it will be announced by
March," Moily told reporters on the sidelines of awards
function of Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
He said the implementation of competition policy had
brought down petroleum prices by at least half in the United
The draft competition policy had been sent to the Chief
Ministers and was awaiting replies, he said.
"We are also coming out with National Corporate
Governance Policy. This could be a second wave of reforms
after the economic reforms in 1991," the minister said.
Azim Premji, Wipro founder, was honoured with ICSI
Lifetime Achievement award at the function, while Gail India
and Hindustan Unilever Limited were adjudged as Best Governed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof