Competition policy to bring down inflation: Moily
Hyderabad: The government is all set to come
out with National Corporate Governance Policy and National
Competition Policy by the end of this fiscal, Minister for
Corporate Affairs Veerappa Moily said here today.
He also said that proper implementation of National
Competition Policy will help the economy by bringing down the
inflation considerably, and help ensure healthy pricing, apart
from preventing cartel-forming.
"We expect the policy before the cabinet somewhere in
February-end or March first week, and it will be announced by
March," Moily told reporters on the sidelines of awards
function of Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
He said the implementation of competition policy had
brought down petroleum prices by at least half in the United
The draft competition policy had been sent to the Chief
Ministers and was awaiting replies, he said.
"We are also coming out with National Corporate
Governance Policy. This could be a second wave of reforms
after the economic reforms in 1991," the minister said.
Azim Premji, Wipro founder, was honoured with ICSI
Lifetime Achievement award at the function, while Gail India
and Hindustan Unilever Limited were adjudged as Best Governed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad