Complainant welcomes Centre decision on withdrawing medals
Chandigarh: Madhu Parkash, the complainant in
the Ruchika Girhotra molestation case, today welcomed the
Centre`s decision to withdraw police medals to officers who
have been convicted by courts.
Madhu, the mother of sole witness Aradhna, said, "The
decision (to withdraw police medals of convicted officers) is
a very good step of the Centre and I am very happy on it. A
ray of hope has arisen due to this decision."
"My struggle (to get justice for Ruchika and her family)
has started showing results. I am hopeful that our case
(against former Haryana DGP S P S Rathore) will soon reach its
logical end," she said.
"The decision shows that the Centre has started becoming
serious in dealing with matters related to crimes against
women," she said, adding the step should have been taken
Madhu said the Centre should take steps to set-up Fast
Track Courts for dealing with cases related to women,
including those of dowry, abetment to suicide, rape and
Madhu`s husband Anand Parkash told reporters, "Yet it is
encouraging news. Now criminal people are losing support."
Family counsel Pankaj Bhardwaj said the decision of the
Centre showed that crimes against women will be taken
The Centre`s recent actions, including directions to
treat all complaints as FIRs and that cases against
bureaucrats, politicians and other bigwigs should be dealt on
priority shows its seriousness in the wake of the struggle
undertaken in the Ruchika case, Bhardwaj said.
S P S Rathore, a 1995 batch IPS officer of Haryana who
retired in 2002 as state`s DGP, was awarded a six months jail
term by a CBI court here recently for molesting Ruchika, a
budding tennis player in 1990 when he was an IGP. Ruchika
committed suicide three years later on December 28, 1993.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands