Complaint against Anna for `cheating people`
Indore: A complaint was filed in a local court on Thursday against social activist Anna Hazare and his team for allegedly "cheating the people in the name of launching an agitation" for a strong Lokpal Bill.
The complaint was filed by advocate Inderjeet Singh Bhatia against Anna and his team in the court of Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) Suman Shrivastava.
The court will hear the complaint on August 14, Bhatia told reporters.
Bhatia alleged that Anna and his team have misled people to prepare a ground for launching a political party and abruptly ended the agitation without taking into confidence lakhs of people who extended support to them.
He further alleged that the team collected huge amount of money and not given its details.
Bhatia has also named Baba Ramdev in his complaint and blamed him for deviating Anna`s agitation and demanded action against him as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof