Complaint against Jairam Ramesh on Temple-Toilet remarks
Udhagamandalam: Hindu Munnani on Monday lodged a complaint at a local police station seeking action against Union Minister Jairam Ramesh for his comment that there are more temples in the country than toilets.
In his complaint lodged at the Ooty Town Police Station, Hindu Munnani Nilgiris District Secretary Selvakumar claimed Congress leader and Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh by his `provocative` speech had hurt the sentiments of the Hindu community and a case should be booked against him, police sources said.
Police have registered the complaint, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie