Complaint against Jairam Ramesh on Temple-Toilet remarks
Udhagamandalam: Hindu Munnani on Monday lodged a complaint at a local police station seeking action against Union Minister Jairam Ramesh for his comment that there are more temples in the country than toilets.
In his complaint lodged at the Ooty Town Police Station, Hindu Munnani Nilgiris District Secretary Selvakumar claimed Congress leader and Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh by his `provocative` speech had hurt the sentiments of the Hindu community and a case should be booked against him, police sources said.
Police have registered the complaint, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi