Complaint against Jairam Ramesh on Temple-Toilet remarks
Udhagamandalam: Hindu Munnani on Monday lodged a complaint at a local police station seeking action against Union Minister Jairam Ramesh for his comment that there are more temples in the country than toilets.
In his complaint lodged at the Ooty Town Police Station, Hindu Munnani Nilgiris District Secretary Selvakumar claimed Congress leader and Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh by his `provocative` speech had hurt the sentiments of the Hindu community and a case should be booked against him, police sources said.
Police have registered the complaint, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad