Complaint against Rahul Gandhi over ISI remark
Mumbai: A complaint was filed on Monday with a local court against Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi over his statement that Pakistan`s ISI had been in touch with some Muslims who are victims of Muzaffarnagar riots.
In his complaint filed before the Metropolitan Magistrate Court at Esplanade, Sayyed Abbaz, a Mumbai citizen, said he and his community felt offended by such "derogatory" remarks and a wrong message is put out to the society.
Abbaz requested that a case be registered against Rahul for promoting hatred among religions.
"I belong to Muslim community and have been teased by non-Muslims and various policemen that (whether) my community people are in contact with ISI or not," said Abbaz in his complaint filed through his lawyer Ejaz Naqvi.
Abbaz said Rahul`s comment has hurt his as well as his community`s feelings.
"Gandhi also tried to create a communal divide and communal hatred (among) major religions in India", he alleged.
Abbaz alleged that he had approached Colaba police to register a case against Rahul but was refused.
The matter is likely to come up for hearing on November 11.
In a public rally in Indore, Rahul had claimed that intelligence agencies in Pakistan were approaching some victims of the Muzaffarnagar riots to lure them into terrorism.
Rahul`s statement in which he cited an intelligence input was widely criticised by BJP and other parties.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged