Complaint against Rahul Gandhi over ISI remark
Mumbai: A complaint was filed on Monday with a local court against Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi over his statement that Pakistan`s ISI had been in touch with some Muslims who are victims of Muzaffarnagar riots.
In his complaint filed before the Metropolitan Magistrate Court at Esplanade, Sayyed Abbaz, a Mumbai citizen, said he and his community felt offended by such "derogatory" remarks and a wrong message is put out to the society.
Abbaz requested that a case be registered against Rahul for promoting hatred among religions.
"I belong to Muslim community and have been teased by non-Muslims and various policemen that (whether) my community people are in contact with ISI or not," said Abbaz in his complaint filed through his lawyer Ejaz Naqvi.
Abbaz said Rahul`s comment has hurt his as well as his community`s feelings.
"Gandhi also tried to create a communal divide and communal hatred (among) major religions in India", he alleged.
Abbaz alleged that he had approached Colaba police to register a case against Rahul but was refused.
The matter is likely to come up for hearing on November 11.
In a public rally in Indore, Rahul had claimed that intelligence agencies in Pakistan were approaching some victims of the Muzaffarnagar riots to lure them into terrorism.
Rahul`s statement in which he cited an intelligence input was widely criticised by BJP and other parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender