Complaint against Rahul Gandhi over ISI remark
Mumbai: A complaint was filed on Monday with a local court against Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi over his statement that Pakistan`s ISI had been in touch with some Muslims who are victims of Muzaffarnagar riots.
In his complaint filed before the Metropolitan Magistrate Court at Esplanade, Sayyed Abbaz, a Mumbai citizen, said he and his community felt offended by such "derogatory" remarks and a wrong message is put out to the society.
Abbaz requested that a case be registered against Rahul for promoting hatred among religions.
"I belong to Muslim community and have been teased by non-Muslims and various policemen that (whether) my community people are in contact with ISI or not," said Abbaz in his complaint filed through his lawyer Ejaz Naqvi.
Abbaz said Rahul`s comment has hurt his as well as his community`s feelings.
"Gandhi also tried to create a communal divide and communal hatred (among) major religions in India", he alleged.
Abbaz alleged that he had approached Colaba police to register a case against Rahul but was refused.
The matter is likely to come up for hearing on November 11.
In a public rally in Indore, Rahul had claimed that intelligence agencies in Pakistan were approaching some victims of the Muzaffarnagar riots to lure them into terrorism.
Rahul`s statement in which he cited an intelligence input was widely criticised by BJP and other parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks