Complaint against school principal: police launch probe
Kolkata: Police today launched a probe
into a complaint by a father of a class VII student of a
reputed missionary school who allegedly committed suicide
after being beaten up by teachers.
In his complaint at the Shakespeare Sarani police
station against the principal and four teachers, Ajay Rawla
said his son Rauvanjit committed suicide on February 12 after
he was beaten up and humiliated.
The complaint charged principal Sunirmal Chakraborty
and the four teachers of abettment to suicide.
"The police are investigating the matter, but no one
has been arrested so far," Joint Commissioner of Police
(Headquarters) Jawed Shamim said.
"Anyone found guilty will be arrested and legal action
will be taken against," he said.
"I think it is constant victimisation, abuse, ridicule
and humiliation combined with beating," Rawla claimed.
The parents lodged a complaint with the National
Commission for Protection of Child Rights.
"The parents have lodged a complaint with us and this
is a very serious thing happening in the school. We are
inquiring into that," NCPRCR advocate Ashok Agarwal said.
On May 19, a teacher of this school was arrested for
demanding a laptop from a student`s family to promote him to
the next class.
Partha Pratim Banerjee, on April 2, lodged a complaint
at Shakespeare Sarani Police station alleging his son Srijan
was not promoted to Class V because they didn`t give in to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- 'Unscrupulous' Arvind Kejriwal can do anything for personal gains: Prashant Bhushan
- Kerala Chief Minister-designate Pinarayi Vijayan celebrates birthday with media
- BJP workers protest against erratic water, power supply in Delhi
- 'China wants to extend its Nepal rail link to India'
- Senate panel conditions $300 mn aid to Pakistan for action on Haqqani