Complaint against school principal: police launch probe
Kolkata: Police today launched a probe
into a complaint by a father of a class VII student of a
reputed missionary school who allegedly committed suicide
after being beaten up by teachers.
In his complaint at the Shakespeare Sarani police
station against the principal and four teachers, Ajay Rawla
said his son Rauvanjit committed suicide on February 12 after
he was beaten up and humiliated.
The complaint charged principal Sunirmal Chakraborty
and the four teachers of abettment to suicide.
"The police are investigating the matter, but no one
has been arrested so far," Joint Commissioner of Police
(Headquarters) Jawed Shamim said.
"Anyone found guilty will be arrested and legal action
will be taken against," he said.
"I think it is constant victimisation, abuse, ridicule
and humiliation combined with beating," Rawla claimed.
The parents lodged a complaint with the National
Commission for Protection of Child Rights.
"The parents have lodged a complaint with us and this
is a very serious thing happening in the school. We are
inquiring into that," NCPRCR advocate Ashok Agarwal said.
On May 19, a teacher of this school was arrested for
demanding a laptop from a student`s family to promote him to
the next class.
Partha Pratim Banerjee, on April 2, lodged a complaint
at Shakespeare Sarani Police station alleging his son Srijan
was not promoted to Class V because they didn`t give in to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered