Complaint against Team Anna for insulting tiranga
New Delhi: A court here has issued a notice
to Delhi Police for their response on a complaint against
social activist Anna Hazare, his team and the Delhi government
for allegedly disrespecting the national flag during their
protests and hunger strike in August this year.
"The complainant has filed complaint against accused
Kiran Bedi and other accused persons. Notice be issued to SHO
for report on November 25," Metropolitan Magistrate Tyagita
The court issued the notice to SHO of Kamla Market on a
complaint made by Ravinder Kumar, an advocate, seeking
registration of an FIR against Hazare, Kiran Bedi, Arvind
Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and six others for allegedly
disrespecting the Indian flag during their protests.
He said Hazare and his team had travelled from Tihar Jail
to Ramlila Ground in a mini-truck decorated with national
flags when law grants the privilege of waving it on vehicles
only to certain constitutional and statutory authorities.
Referring to a news article, Kumar said "torn Indian
flags were waived and flaunted upside down and even sat upon
and used for wiping sweat" during Hazare`s anti-corruption
The complainant has also alleged that during the hunger
strike, Hazare called upon the countrymen to engage in
peaceful protest and not to destroy public property but did
not ask anyone not to disrespect the Indian flag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'