Complaint filed against Ram Jethmalani
Kanpur: A complaint was on Friday filed against BJP MP and eminent lawyer Ram Jethmalani for his remark in which he had dubbed Lord Rama as a "bad husband".
RTI activist Sandeep Shukla, in his plea before the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, alleged that Jethmalani`s statement has hurt the sentiments of the followers of Hindu faith.
The court has posted the matter for November 24.
Speaking at a book launch function in Delhi, Jethmalani said, "Ram was a bad husband. I don`t like him at all. Just because some fisherman said something, he sent that poor woman (Sita) to exile."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere