Complaint filed against Ram Jethmalani
Kanpur: A complaint was on Friday filed against BJP MP and eminent lawyer Ram Jethmalani for his remark in which he had dubbed Lord Rama as a "bad husband".
RTI activist Sandeep Shukla, in his plea before the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, alleged that Jethmalani`s statement has hurt the sentiments of the followers of Hindu faith.
The court has posted the matter for November 24.
Speaking at a book launch function in Delhi, Jethmalani said, "Ram was a bad husband. I don`t like him at all. Just because some fisherman said something, he sent that poor woman (Sita) to exile."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI raids Visva Bharati varsity, officers' residences
- Substantial decline in riots and communal incidents: Naqvi
- Meghalaya Board SSLC Results 2016: megresults.nic.in, www.mbose.in; Tura Result 2016, MBOSE Class 10 Examination Result 2016 to be declared today at 10 am
- Mbose.in HSSLC SSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (Megresults.nic.in) MBOSE Tura 10th 12th (Arts) board exam results 2016 to be announced today on May 25
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM