Complaint filed against Ram Jethmalani
Kanpur: A complaint was on Friday filed against BJP MP and eminent lawyer Ram Jethmalani for his remark in which he had dubbed Lord Rama as a "bad husband".
RTI activist Sandeep Shukla, in his plea before the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, alleged that Jethmalani`s statement has hurt the sentiments of the followers of Hindu faith.
The court has posted the matter for November 24.
Speaking at a book launch function in Delhi, Jethmalani said, "Ram was a bad husband. I don`t like him at all. Just because some fisherman said something, he sent that poor woman (Sita) to exile."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends