Complaint filed against Ram Jethmalani
Kanpur: A complaint was on Friday filed against BJP MP and eminent lawyer Ram Jethmalani for his remark in which he had dubbed Lord Rama as a "bad husband".
RTI activist Sandeep Shukla, in his plea before the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, alleged that Jethmalani`s statement has hurt the sentiments of the followers of Hindu faith.
The court has posted the matter for November 24.
Speaking at a book launch function in Delhi, Jethmalani said, "Ram was a bad husband. I don`t like him at all. Just because some fisherman said something, he sent that poor woman (Sita) to exile."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it