‘Complaints against NGOs implementing creche scheme`
New Delhi: The Women and Child Development ministry has received complaints of irregularities against two national level NGOs through which the Rajiv Gandhi National Creche Scheme was being implemented.
This was stated by Women and Child Development Krishna Tirath in the Rajya Sabha today in response to a question.
Tirath said the Rajiv Gandhi National Creche Scheme for Children of Working mothers is a central scheme which envisages implementation through Central Social Welfare Board (CSWB) and two NGOs Indian Council for Child Welfare(ICCW) and Bhartiya Adim Jati Sewak Sangh (BAJSS).
"The creches run by BAJSS have been temporarily transferred to CSWB due to alleged irregularities in implementation by BAJSS," Tirath told the Rajya Sabha.
Tirath also stated that the Chief Vigilance Officer of the WCD ministry had enquired in to the complaints and on the basis of his report and Central Vigilance Commission`s advice, the investigation of complaints had been entrusted to the CBI.
"A complaint regarding misappropriation of funds and malfunctioning of creches by ICCW and its state councils was also received," Tirath told Rajya Sabha.
She said the complaint was examined by her ministry and point-wise comments and observations of ICCW were considered.
"An advisory was issued on 22.2.2012 to ICCW asking them to expeditiously carry out an enquiry and take action on issues brought out in the complaint and submit a report to the ministry within six months," Tirath further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview