‘Complaints against NGOs implementing creche scheme`
New Delhi: The Women and Child Development ministry has received complaints of irregularities against two national level NGOs through which the Rajiv Gandhi National Creche Scheme was being implemented.
This was stated by Women and Child Development Krishna Tirath in the Rajya Sabha today in response to a question.
Tirath said the Rajiv Gandhi National Creche Scheme for Children of Working mothers is a central scheme which envisages implementation through Central Social Welfare Board (CSWB) and two NGOs Indian Council for Child Welfare(ICCW) and Bhartiya Adim Jati Sewak Sangh (BAJSS).
"The creches run by BAJSS have been temporarily transferred to CSWB due to alleged irregularities in implementation by BAJSS," Tirath told the Rajya Sabha.
Tirath also stated that the Chief Vigilance Officer of the WCD ministry had enquired in to the complaints and on the basis of his report and Central Vigilance Commission`s advice, the investigation of complaints had been entrusted to the CBI.
"A complaint regarding misappropriation of funds and malfunctioning of creches by ICCW and its state councils was also received," Tirath told Rajya Sabha.
She said the complaint was examined by her ministry and point-wise comments and observations of ICCW were considered.
"An advisory was issued on 22.2.2012 to ICCW asking them to expeditiously carry out an enquiry and take action on issues brought out in the complaint and submit a report to the ministry within six months," Tirath further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves