Complaints of irregularity in land sale of 3 mills
New Delhi: The government Monday said it had received complaints of irregularities in sale of land of Finlay Mills, Mumbai Textile Mills and Apollo Mills of National Textiles Corporation (NTC).
"Complaints regarding irregularity in sale of land of Finlay Mills, Mumbai Textile Mills and Apollo Mills of National Textiles Corporation had been received by the government," Minister of State for Textiles Panabaaka Lakshmi said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
These cases have been referred through the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC), she added.
To ensure transparency in sale of land, sales are done through an open tender with the approval of an Assets Sale Committee in accordance with the guidelines of the Board for Industrial and Financial Reconstruction (BIFR). NTC has also introduced a system of e-auction for sale of land, she said.
The sale of land is being effected as per the revival plan for NTC approved by the government and sanctioned by BIFR. Being a self-financing plan, the resources are to be generated by sale of surplus land and assets.
Lakshmi said NTC has garnered Rs 6,173 crore from sale of 1,432 acres of land in its various mills including Bharat Mills, Mumbai Textile Mills, Apollo Textile Mills and Indore Malwa United Mills located in various parts of the country.
Till now, NTC has revived 24 mills in different states, including Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Kerala, Gujarat and West Bengal.
Lakshmi said the Maharashtra government has requested for transfer of 12 acres of land belonging to India United Mill No. 6 vested in NTC, to the state government for construction of memorial of Babasaheb Ambedkar.
To examine the issue and make recommendations, a committee was formed comprising officials from the Ministry of Textiles, Ministry of Environment and Forests, state government of Maharashtra and other co-opted members from Ministry of Law and Justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP