Computer-based Common Admission Test kicks off
New Delhi: The Common Admission Test,
which is being conducted through computers for the first time,
kicked off on Saturday with over 2.4 lakh students registering for
the entrance for admission into IIMs.
The IIMs for the first time have entrusted the task of
conducting the CAT to Prometric, an American firm, which is
organising the computer-based test over a period of 10 days.
The test is being conducted at 105 centres in 32
cities across the country. Students can appear in the test at
these centres during the 10-day window period.
There will be two rounds of test each day. The first
round will start from 10.00 am to 12.30 pm while the second round
will be from 3.30 pm to 6.00 pm, Prometric said.
The aspirants will be evenly spread during the 10-day
testing for smooth conduct of the entrance.
A total of 2,41,582 students have registered for the
exam this year, which is a marginal drop as compared to last
year when 2,46,000 students appeared in for CAT.
While the pattern of the exam -- the questions and the
weightage of subjects -- will remain unchanged in the new
format, the test does away with paperwork. These candidates
will vie for around 2000 seats in IIMs.
Directional maps detailing the locations of all test
centres have been made available on the CAT website by
The IIM-CAT website has put out disclaimers,
restricting disclosure, publishing, reproducing, transmitting,
storing of the contents of the CAT or any information therein.
"Such actions and/or abetment thereof as
aforementioned may constitute a cognisable offence punishable
with imprisonment for a term up to three years and fine up to
Rs 2 lakhs. Candidates who want to appear for CAT have to
agree to a Non-Disclosure Agreement at the time of the test,"
Such action shall be in violation of the Indian
Contract Act, 1872 and the Copyright Act, 1957 and the
Information Technology Act, 2000, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing