Concern in LS over growing naval prowess of China
New Delhi: A BJD member today expressed
concern in the Lok Sabha over the growing naval prowess of
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, B Mahtab wanted to
know New Delhi`s strategy to counter growing Chinese naval
presence in India`s neigbourhood.
He said country`s like Malaysia, Vietnam and Singapore
have gone in for more submarines in view of the situation.
Asserting that "we cannot be sitting ducks", he said an
appropriate answer was necessary for India to play an
important role in the Indian Ocean.
Sushila Saroj (SP) voiced anguish over infants dying after
being vaccinated in Uttar Pradesh and wanted Rs 5 lakh
compensation each from the Centre and Uttar Pradesh government
to parents whose infants died after being given MMR vaccines
in areas surrounding Lucknow.
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanasway
said Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad has sent a team of
doctors to find out the causes of the children`s death and the
state government was also taking steps to provide relief to
Sanjay Nirupam (Cong) made a strong plea for developing
another airport near Mumbai, either at Navi Mumbai or Kalyan,
saying this was needed to maintain the status of Mumbai as a
Bijoya Chakraborty (BJP) drew the government`s attention
to the boundary problems being faced by Assam along its
borders with Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh and Meghalaya.
Anto Antony (Cong) wanted a bill to help rubber-growers.
Ratna De (Trinamool) wanted minimum support price for
potatoes in West Bengal so as to help potato-growers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test