Concern in LS over growing naval prowess of China
New Delhi: A BJD member today expressed
concern in the Lok Sabha over the growing naval prowess of
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, B Mahtab wanted to
know New Delhi`s strategy to counter growing Chinese naval
presence in India`s neigbourhood.
He said country`s like Malaysia, Vietnam and Singapore
have gone in for more submarines in view of the situation.
Asserting that "we cannot be sitting ducks", he said an
appropriate answer was necessary for India to play an
important role in the Indian Ocean.
Sushila Saroj (SP) voiced anguish over infants dying after
being vaccinated in Uttar Pradesh and wanted Rs 5 lakh
compensation each from the Centre and Uttar Pradesh government
to parents whose infants died after being given MMR vaccines
in areas surrounding Lucknow.
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanasway
said Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad has sent a team of
doctors to find out the causes of the children`s death and the
state government was also taking steps to provide relief to
Sanjay Nirupam (Cong) made a strong plea for developing
another airport near Mumbai, either at Navi Mumbai or Kalyan,
saying this was needed to maintain the status of Mumbai as a
Bijoya Chakraborty (BJP) drew the government`s attention
to the boundary problems being faced by Assam along its
borders with Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh and Meghalaya.
Anto Antony (Cong) wanted a bill to help rubber-growers.
Ratna De (Trinamool) wanted minimum support price for
potatoes in West Bengal so as to help potato-growers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference