Concerned about Pak terror situation: AK Antony
New Delhi: India has expressed serious concern over the recent terror attack at a naval base in Pakistan.
Sounding a terror warning in the wake of the strike at Pakistan Naval Station (PNS) Mehran, Defence Minister AK Antony on Wednesday said India was monitoring the situation in Pakistan 24X7.
Terrorists belonging to Pakistani Taliban had last week laid a siege at PNS Mehran and destroyed two P3C Orion surveillance aircraft, a crucial naval aviation asset.
Apart from inflicting heavy infrastructural damage, the militants had also killed several people.
"The development in Pakistan, particularly in Karachi, is a matter of serious concern. We are closely monitoring the situation 24X7 in Pakistan," Antony told reporters here during a Navy function.
The Defence Minister was asked about the 16-hour terror siege of the key military base in the Pakistani port city that ended on Monday with 14 people, including four terrorists, killed in a fierce battle.
Antony said he didn`t want to overreact but "we are taking precautions. We are always taking precautions. We have to be on vigil".
“India is ready for any kind of eventuality”, he added.
The government has tightened security at various naval bases following the audacious Pakistan terror strike.
Antony further said the government was concerned about the terror originating from the neighbouring country, and added terrorists are waiting to cross over to India from the Pakistan border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing