Condition of blast-hit Israeli woman diplomat improving
New Delhi: The condition of Israeli woman diplomat Tal Yehoshua, who was seriously injured in the bomb attack on Monday, is stable, doctors attending on her said on Wednesday.
"She is stable and conscious. She is talking to her family members. Her condition is improving. She is on painkillers," Dr Arun Bhanot, chief of spine services at
Primus Super Speciality hospital here said.
40-year-old Yehoshua, wife of Israeli Defence Attache, suffered shrapnel injuries in the spine and the liver following the attack targeting the embassy car on Monday
afternoon. She has undergone two surgeries.
Dr Deep Makkar, in-charge of international patients at the hospital said, "We are monitoring her condition and tomorrow we might shift her out of the ICU."
On the possibility of her getting paralysed due to the injuries in the spine, Dr Makkar said, "We have fixed her spine and we can predict about that only after she is out of ICU".
Shrapnels have been removed from her body. The minute splinters that are still lodged in her body need not be taken out as they are not going to affect her physical condition, he said.
The doctor said Yehoshua only remembers that there was a blast and she was pulled out of the car by the driver who first wanted her to go to the hospital but then obliged her request to be taken to the embassy first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends