Condition of blast-hit Israeli woman diplomat improving
New Delhi: The condition of Israeli woman diplomat Tal Yehoshua, who was seriously injured in the bomb attack on Monday, is stable, doctors attending on her said on Wednesday.
"She is stable and conscious. She is talking to her family members. Her condition is improving. She is on painkillers," Dr Arun Bhanot, chief of spine services at
Primus Super Speciality hospital here said.
40-year-old Yehoshua, wife of Israeli Defence Attache, suffered shrapnel injuries in the spine and the liver following the attack targeting the embassy car on Monday
afternoon. She has undergone two surgeries.
Dr Deep Makkar, in-charge of international patients at the hospital said, "We are monitoring her condition and tomorrow we might shift her out of the ICU."
On the possibility of her getting paralysed due to the injuries in the spine, Dr Makkar said, "We have fixed her spine and we can predict about that only after she is out of ICU".
Shrapnels have been removed from her body. The minute splinters that are still lodged in her body need not be taken out as they are not going to affect her physical condition, he said.
The doctor said Yehoshua only remembers that there was a blast and she was pulled out of the car by the driver who first wanted her to go to the hospital but then obliged her request to be taken to the embassy first.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way