Condition of blast-hit Israeli woman diplomat improving
New Delhi: The condition of Israeli woman diplomat Tal Yehoshua, who was seriously injured in the bomb attack on Monday, is stable, doctors attending on her said on Wednesday.
"She is stable and conscious. She is talking to her family members. Her condition is improving. She is on painkillers," Dr Arun Bhanot, chief of spine services at
Primus Super Speciality hospital here said.
40-year-old Yehoshua, wife of Israeli Defence Attache, suffered shrapnel injuries in the spine and the liver following the attack targeting the embassy car on Monday
afternoon. She has undergone two surgeries.
Dr Deep Makkar, in-charge of international patients at the hospital said, "We are monitoring her condition and tomorrow we might shift her out of the ICU."
On the possibility of her getting paralysed due to the injuries in the spine, Dr Makkar said, "We have fixed her spine and we can predict about that only after she is out of ICU".
Shrapnels have been removed from her body. The minute splinters that are still lodged in her body need not be taken out as they are not going to affect her physical condition, he said.
The doctor said Yehoshua only remembers that there was a blast and she was pulled out of the car by the driver who first wanted her to go to the hospital but then obliged her request to be taken to the embassy first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!