Condition of George Fernandes deteriorating
Bangalore: The health of former Defence
Minister George Fernandes who is suffering from Alzheimer`s
disease is deteriorating, Fernandes`s brother claimed here
"His condition is deteriorating by the day. He is becoming
more and more desperate and distraught...sort of frustrated
every time we meet him. He wants us to take him away from his
wife who was not with him for the last 25 years," Michael
Fernandes, who is involved in the legal battle for George`s
The legal battle for Fernandes`s custody between his wife
Leila Kabir Fernandes and brothers who have estranged
relationship with her is on in the Delhi High Court.
Michael alleged that George`s (long-estranged) wife
(Leila Kabir Fernandes) prevents any kind of interaction
between him and his erstwhile colleagues and friends.
Michael today claimed that every time he meets his
80-year-old brother, which is about 30 times in the last
four-five months, he repeatedly asks him to take him away from
his wife "right now, right today".
"We are not able to do it because we have a case in the
court," he said.
"His health is going down by the day."
The brothers of George Fernandes had alleged in the Delhi
High Court on September 23 that he was not getting proper
treatment for Alzheimer`s disease and sought constitution of
an independent medical board to examine his health condition.
Justice V K Shali had issued notice to Leila Kabir with
whom the veteran leader is staying and posted the application
filed by his brothers, Richard and Michael for hearing on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre