Condition of George Fernandes deteriorating
Bangalore: The health of former Defence
Minister George Fernandes who is suffering from Alzheimer`s
disease is deteriorating, Fernandes`s brother claimed here
"His condition is deteriorating by the day. He is becoming
more and more desperate and distraught...sort of frustrated
every time we meet him. He wants us to take him away from his
wife who was not with him for the last 25 years," Michael
Fernandes, who is involved in the legal battle for George`s
The legal battle for Fernandes`s custody between his wife
Leila Kabir Fernandes and brothers who have estranged
relationship with her is on in the Delhi High Court.
Michael alleged that George`s (long-estranged) wife
(Leila Kabir Fernandes) prevents any kind of interaction
between him and his erstwhile colleagues and friends.
Michael today claimed that every time he meets his
80-year-old brother, which is about 30 times in the last
four-five months, he repeatedly asks him to take him away from
his wife "right now, right today".
"We are not able to do it because we have a case in the
court," he said.
"His health is going down by the day."
The brothers of George Fernandes had alleged in the Delhi
High Court on September 23 that he was not getting proper
treatment for Alzheimer`s disease and sought constitution of
an independent medical board to examine his health condition.
Justice V K Shali had issued notice to Leila Kabir with
whom the veteran leader is staying and posted the application
filed by his brothers, Richard and Michael for hearing on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj